Waikato-Tainui is guided by our overarching mission of growing a prosperous, healthy, vibrant, innovative and culturally strong iwi that enables mana motuhake (self-sufficiency). We are a leading tribal organisation representing 68 marae and over 80,000 tribal members. We have a responsibility to protect and uphold our Crown settlements for the benefit of current and future generations. We do this in a range of ways which you can learn more about on this website.
Building the capacity of our people and growing the prosperity of our whaanau remains the driving force behind our efforts as an organisation. We are equally committed to ensuring that our kaimahi (workforce) are also developed, trained, and well positioned to serve our purpose.
Kia tupu, kia hua, kia puaawai
To grow, prosper and sustain
People & Culture Administrator
12 month fixed-term, Part-time
The People and Culture Administrator is a great opportunity for someone who is wanting to shift into HR, or an experienced HR administrator seeking flexibility. As this role will be exposed to all areas within the HR and Health & Safety function, it is important that you operate with high-integrity and respect for confidentiality and the privacy of other people’s information. Organising, planning and coordinating will be second nature to you.
Within this role, you will operate across all aspects of the HR and Health & Safety functions and will be responsible for:
- Drafting employment documents
- Coordinating hui (meetings) and events
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date database of people records
- Assisting with policy, process and system development and implementation (from induction to offboarding, and everything in between).
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications OR experience within administration, HR, or H&S
- Excellent written & verbal communication – drafting legal/confidential documents
- High degree of document control, form design, and record-keeping skills
- Strong cultural and values alignment with Waikato-Tainui
Please note this is a 12-month fixed-term contract based in Hamilton with the opportunity to work from home or flexibly during the working week. Ideally this is a part-time 20 hours/week role.
If you’re looking for that next step in your career then give Louise McLean a call on 027 247 9393 to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Please note that CVs should be in MS-Word format where possible. Also, due to current border restrictions, you must already hold a NZ Passport or valid working visa to be considered for this role.