Call for Registrations of Interest (ROI)by Waikato-Tainui for Construction Services to the Hopuhopu Maintenance Building Project
Waikato-Tainui is looking for a lead building constructor with skills, knowledge and expertise to construct the building including installing the required building services utilising the skills and expertise of Waikato-Tainui tribally affiliated services providers.
The timeline for this ROI is:
- ROI opens: 15th December 2023
- Enquiry Deadline: 9th February 2024
- Registration Deadline: 28th February 2024
- Shortlisted Respondents notified: 6th March 2024
About the Project
Whakatupuranga 2050 identifies the establishment of Hopuhopu as the tribe’s administrative, social, recreational and knowledge ‘hub’. The vision for the Hopuhopu Innovation Hub (HIH) development is for an integrated and holistic approach to achieving the social, economic, environmental, and cultural aspirations of Waikato-Tainui.
The strategy is to deliver a unique, vibrant, interconnected, living, working, and learning community inspiring unity, collaboration, and innovation. The Project Design Principles (Key Design Objectives) are as follows;
- Uniquely Waikato-Tainui
- Connects us to each other, to the community and to the world
- Connects our past, present and future
- Strengthen connection to people, land and awa
- Restoring and healing the land and its ecology
- Take our place as Kaitiaki
- Welcoming and unifying environment
- Safe, approachable, easy to navigate
- A 'complete community' that can grow over time
- Promote diversity and support agility across the precinct
- Create access to learning, working and living opportunities
- Design for future growth and long- term sustainability
In September 2020, a Site Options Summary document was prepared that identified the key design objectives and principles, together with three high-level concept options. These agreed options include;
- Sports & Recreational Facilities
- Iwi Administration
- Social and community housing
- Whare Taonga
- Nursery and eco education
- Business incubators
Registration of Interest
This Call for Registration of Interest (ROI) is an invitation to submit an ROI for Building Construction Services relating to the construction of the Maintenance Building Project. This ROI is the first step in a multi-step procurement process, which embeds the social procurement objectives of Waikato-Tainui. After the evaluation of ROI submissions, shortlisted respondent/s will be invited to respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP). The RFP will contain details relating to specific project requirements and timeframes, together with contract terms and conditions for the construction contract.
The Submission Requirements are as follows:
- Completed Registrations must be submitted by email sent to the following address: [email protected]
- Registrations submitted by post, courier or hand delivery will not be accepted.
This form goes to our Point of Contact: Trina Pohatu-McQueen at Waikato-Tainui.
E: [email protected]
P: 0800 TAINUI
Deadline for Questions from Respondents: 9th February 2024. Completed Registrations must be submitted by email sent to the following address: [email protected] Deadline for Registrations: 28th February 2024