Home Repair Programme
Waikato-Tainui and Habitat for Humanity share an alignment of values in seeking to want to improve the living situation of those who need it. This project hopes to enable Waikato-Tainui tribal members who own their own homes and who may need urgent, necessary, or preventative repair work done – an avenue to fix their whare.
- Registered tribal members
- Homeowners (with or without a mortgage)
- Require repair work that you cannot afford
- Be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity throughout the process
- Be capable to meet reasonable affordable repayment terms
Once applications have been received a joint panel from both Waikato-Tainui and Habitat for Humanity Team will assess all applications based on eligibility criteria.
You will receive an email from our team if your application is successful or not. Remember to check your junk mail.
- Register Expression of Interest Open (6 Oct)
- Information session with our experts online via Zoom (11 Oct)
- Application Open (13 Oct)
- Submit your application to [email protected]
- Application Close (18 Nov)
- Habitat for Humanity will contact you to arrange a site assessment
- Habitat for Humanity will then seek quotes for the jobs
- Habitiat for Humanity will ask to meet with you (homeowner) to calculate your affordability repayments
- Habitat for Humanity will then run a credit check
- Waikato-Tainui will then check tribal details and submit application to Panel for approval / disapproval
Once you submit your application with all documents you can expect an email within 2 - 3 weeks.
It is also important that you provide ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS requested in the application form.
Getting this done right means being able to assess and process your application as fast as possible. So, for you, this means providing;
- Statements for all bank accounts
- Photo ID (e.g., Drivers License, Passport or Kiwi Access card)
- One of the following. Rate bills, Water bills, Title Deed or Maaori Land Record (No older than 3 months)
- Proof of income for the last 3 months and/ or a copy of MyMSD record
- Any personal loan, vehicle loan, credit card statements and buy now pay late balances (e.g., Afterpay)
- If home is owned by a Trust please provide A copy of the Trust Deed
- Any relevant documents that explains yours (or your whaanau members) current health issues
Our team will contact you via email within 2 - 3 weeks. Please remember to check your junk box.
However, we will need to get assessor into your whare before your application is accepted.
Yes, if you have the homeowners approval to complete the application.
However, the homeowner will need to be the one who signs off on the form.
Yes, you heard us right. There is 0% interest on your loan.
If your application is successful, this program offers an opportunity to address urgent, necessary, or preventive repair costs for your whare that might not have been feasible otherwise. Waikato-Tainui will contribute some funding towards the repairs, as determined by the panel. The remaining costs will be covered through Habitat for Humanity's 0% interest loan facility, designed to ensure affordability.
Each 0% interest loan is tailored to your specific circumstances, with the intention of making repayments manageable. Please ensure you provide all requested documents as outlined in the eligibility form for expedited processing.
Frequently asked questions
Expression of interest
Expressions of interest and applications are now closed for 2023.