Tikanga Ora Reo Ora (TORO) Grant
- Assist Tribal Members to build their capacity to practice
their own Reo, Tikanga & Maatauranga Maaori.
- Assist Marae to plan, develop and implement their own
Environmental Aspirations for their Marae & Marae
- Enable our Tribal Reo, Tikanga & Maatauranga Maaori
practitioners to lead and participate in Tribal, Marae and
other cultural projects & initiatives.
Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Incorporated (“we” or “us” or “Waikato Tainui”)
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant is a registered Waikato-Tainui tribal member and residing permanently in New Zealand
- Charitable status where an applicant is a trust or organisation
- Experience and knowledge in implementing reo, tikanga projects and/or initiatives
- Identification provided on file such as birth certificate, driver’s license or passport
- Official bank deposit slip (must contain bank logo, account name and number)
- Fully completed application form
- Endorsement from Marae, mana whenua, or rangatira with expertise in the alignment of your project.
- Alignment to the Tikanga Ora Reo Ora (TORO) Strategy
- Full details of the project including expected outcomes, dates, venues, proposed benefits and budget
- Evidence of success for previously awarded Tikanga Ora Reo Ora (TORO) grants
Only one grant application is available per individual in any calendar year period.
Failure to provide the above information may result in your application being declined. Sole discretion to accept, withdraw or decline a grant application that does not meet criteria rests with us. Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Applications are open year-round.