Doctoral GrantThe Doctoral Grant is designed for post-graduate students pursuing NZQA Level 10 studies. Applicants can apply once per financial year for up to three years and are required to explain alignment of their research with the key priorities outlined in Whakatupuranga 2050, including Kiingitanga, Tribal Success, or Tribal Social and Economic Wellbeing.
Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Incorporated (“we” or “us” or “Waikato Tainui”)
Terms and Conditions
- Registered Waikato-Tainui tribal member
- The tertiary institution and course must be in New Zealand and NZQA accredited.
- For post-graduate study at NZQA Level 10 (up to three years of applications)
- Research that aligns to the aspirations of Whakatupuranga 2050
- A 75% pass rate is required in the previous year you had an application approved. Evidence is required of these academic results.
- Koha statement and evidence of completing this, when applying in consecutive years
- Must reside permanently in New Zealand
- Confirmation of enrolment into qualification, level, subject area and tuition fees
- Identification provided on file such as birth certificate, driver’s license or passport
- Official bank deposit slip (must contain bank logo, account name and number)
- Fully completed application form
Only one grant application is available per individual in any calendar year period.
If no tuition fees are being charged by the tertiary institute, no grant payment will be made available.
Failure to provide the above information may result in your application being declined. Sole discretion to accept, withdraw or decline a grant application that does not meet criteria rests with us. Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Applications are open year-round.