Kia Whakakotahi Ai Taatou. Building Resilience Together
We want to hear from you to understand what a resilient future for whaanau, marae and our communities looks like
What is the Waikato-Tainui Iwi Survey and why are we doing it?
To meet the challenges of life under Covid-19, Waikato-Tainui want to understand the impact our services are making on tribal members and marae.
All of our activities over the short term are focused on driving our own model of self-sufficiency for our marae, whaanau and communities. This will fast track our ability to build resilience and drive outcomes for our people now and into the future.
The Waikato-Tainui iwi survey will help capture this information and give us a baseline of data to understand if the services the iwi currently provides are creating real positive change for tribal members and marae.
What is in the survey?
The survey will focus on eight kaupapa:
- Too Whare / Your Household
- Te Reo Maaori
- Maatauranga / Education
- Oo Hononga ki te Iwi / Connection
- Hauora / Wellbeing
- Hapuu & Iwi Tikanga
- Taha Puutea / Financial Security
- Waikato Events & Communication
Who can complete the survey?
To complete the survey, you must be 18 years of age or older, and affiliate to one of the 68 marae who are members of Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Incorporated.
The first 1000 eligible participants to complete the survey will receive a free Waikato-Tainui branded face mask. All completed surveys submitted by eligible participants before 5pm on Friday December 18, 2020 will also go into the draw to win one of our amazing Waikato-Tainui branded prize packs!
Giveaway and Prize Pack Draw Terms and Conditions
- Every completed survey form submitted to us by an eligible participant between 9am on Monday, 17 November 2020 and 5pm on Friday, 18 December 2020 will constitute one entry in the prize draw.
- By submitting your completed form you agree to these terms and conditions and to being entered into the prize draw.
- Entry is only open to those people who access the survey form via our website, who are 18 years of age or older, and who affiliate to one of the 68 marae who are members of Te Whakakakitenga o Waikato Incorporated.
- The first 1,000 completed surveys received by us will receive a free face mask (giveaway). If you are a giveaway winner, the face mask will be posted to you via ordinary mail to the address you give on the survey form, which must be a valid residential address in New Zealand.
- There are sixteen (16) prize packs to be won, consisting of Waikato-Tainui branded merchandise including a hat, umbrella, backpack, mini portable speaker, drink bottle, face mask and lanyard to the estimated value of NZD$120 including GST. Winners will be selected via a series of random draws to be made between 10am on Monday, 17 November 2020 and 6pm on Friday, 18 December 2020.
- Prize pack winners’ names will be published on the Waikato-Tainui Facebook page and you authorise us to use your name and marae for this purpose. Winners will also be contacted by our kaimahi using the details supplied on the survey form submitted, to arrange delivery at our cost. Delivery will be made by courier to an address in New Zealand only. If we cannot contact you for this purpose using reasonable efforts by 20 January 2021 we will forfeit your prize, and redraw that prize pack. No compensation is available to you should this occur.
- We will use our best efforts to provide merchandise which is the same or similar as that described/shown but differences in each prize pack may occur and we may make substitutions.
- Prizes are non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash.
- We take no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or communications line failure.
- Incomplete surveys are not eligible for participation in the face mask give away or the prize pack draw. Survey forms that appear to have been tampered with or not filled in by a person will be disqualified.
- Giveaways and prize packs will be awarded as per these terms and conditions and our decision in all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The giveaway and the prize draw is being administered by Waikato-Tainui, 4 Bryce Street, Hamilton.