All intellectual property on this Site, including without limit, the text, graphics, copyright works and trade marks, is owned by us (or by third-party content suppliers). We are the exclusive owner of all rights in the compilation, design and layout of this Site.
Right to Use Site and Content
You may access, view, reproduce and print the content on this Site, provided you only use that content for informational, non-commercial purposes, and any reproduction includes a prominent acknowledgement of our rights in the relevant content.
We reserve the right to prohibit links to the Site, and you agree to remove or cease any link upon our request. You may not frame any part of the Site material by including advertising or other revenue-generating material.
Third Party Websites and Materials
This Site may contain links to third party websites or refer to third party services. These websites or third party services have not been prepared by us and are not managed by us. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with third party websites or third party services that this Site links or refers to.
The content of the Site may include information or commentary provided by users or other third parties. We are not responsible for the content provided by users or third parties, and we are under no obligation to monitor or remove any thirdparty content or user comments.
The Site may also contain third-party advertisements. Advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by us. You should refer to the relevant advertiser for information on its products and/or services.
Sale of Goods
You may offer to purchase goods described on this Site for the price specified on this Site. You acknowledge that despite our reasonable precautions, products may be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error or oversight. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction notwithstanding that your order has been confirmed or otherwise accepted. We will refund any purchase price to you for the product in question.
All prices shown listed by us are in New Zealand dollars. All prices include New Zealand Goods and Services Tax.
We collect and handle personal information, in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020, when you access this Site and use the services and features provided on or in connection with this Site.
This privacy statement governs the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us throughout this Site. This privacy statement is supplemented by, and is subject to, any specific privacy statements that apply to any particular services or features offered through this Site, such as the Tribal Register.
The personal information we may collect from you in connection with this Site includes your:
- identification details (including name, date of birth, place of birth, principal and secondary hapuu and marae, pictures of you);
- payment information;
- demographic information;
- contact details (such as postal and physical address, email and contact phone number);
- proof of identification (such as driver’s licence, passport, 18+ card, birth certificate);
- names of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents; and
- email and phone correspondence with us.
We may also collect personal information for research and statistical purposes, including:
- device and location information;
- Site usage information (collected by cookies); and
- information provided by advertisers and marketers (such as information collected by cookies).
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- directly from you or third parties acting on your authority or who you authorise us to make contact with about you;
- publicly available information searched as part of the administration of tribal matters;
- through your use of the Site and the services and functionality offered through it;
- the agents and service providers that we may engage to assist us with fulfilling any of the purposes recorded in this privacy statement;
- third parties connected with matter(s) related to any benefits provided by us.
We may use “cookies” to provide you with access to tailored information and services on the Site and to serve you better when you return to it. A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then be stored on your system for later retrieval by the Site. Cookies track your movements through different websites, and are widely used on websites to help with navigation and to help personalise your experience when you visit a website.
If you do not provide all or any of the personal information we request, you may be unable to access all parts of this Site, and we may be unable to provide the products and services offered in connection with this Site, to you.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products and services, such as the Tribal Register, Digital Hub, and Tribe Me (merchandise), news and updates, information about our events, and other service related information;
- to provide you with our support services and help you connect with your marae, hapuu and iwi;
- to assess eligibility for our services, grants and scholarships and to verify your identity;
- to enable appropriate collaboration between us and other agencies, including Government and Crown agencies, for the improvement and wellbeing of tribal members;
- to market and promote our services, events, and products to you (with your consent);
- to carry out research and obtain feedback;
- to respond to access/correction requests;
- to develop and improve our Site, services, products and operations; and
- any other purpose associated with our normal business functions and activities, including for reporting purposes and administration and management.
Personal information we collect may be shared with:
- employees and contractors working for us, to the extent they help provide the Site and any products and services in connection with the Site, to you;
- your nominated kaumaatua and nominated marae (if any);
- third party service providers who help us provide the Site and the products and services offered in connection with the Site;
- our affiliates and related persons, for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement;
- our business partners and any Government/Crown agencies that we work with or help us undertake out functions;
- any persons as required or permitted by law; and
- to anyone else, with your consent.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used. After that, we will de-identify or securely destroy the information.
You have a right to access the personal information that we hold about you, and to request correction of any personal information that we hold. To exercise these rights, contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Incorporated, 2 Bryce Street, Hamilton. You may also provide to us a statement of the correction you are seeking, and if we do not agree to make the correction you have requested, you may request that we attach that statement of correction to the relevant information.
Some of our third-party providers may be located outside of New Zealand, including cloud service providers, software providers, accountants, and other service providers. This may mean some of your information may be disclosed, held and/or processed outside of New Zealand. Where these service providers are based overseas, we will take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that they are subject to privacy laws that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act 2020.
If you provide, contribute or feature in any content or other materials on this Site (User Content), you agree that we, and anyone authorised by us, can use that User Content in any manner free of any obligation to you. This includes granting us the right to copy, distribute, modify, licence and exploit any User Content in perpetuity by any means and media now known or developed in the future, without payment or other consideration to you or any other person, including use in advertising and promotion. By posting or uploading any User Content to this Site or providing any User Content to us, you automatically and irrevocably:
- grant and assign to us any and all rights in the User Content throughout the world including without limitation all copyright, and waive all moral rights in the User Content that may be available to you in any part of the world. If any of these rights cannot be assigned to us, you grant us a perpetual royalty-free worldwide licence to any and all rights in the User Content, including without limitation, all copyright, with the right to sublicence;
- warrant that:
- you have obtained all necessary permissions and licences for any third-party materials necessary for us to exploit the rights granted to us in the User Content; and
- no User Content will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person.
Accuracy and Security of Information
You are responsible for ensuring that all information that you provide to us (including your email address) is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You must advise us as soon as possible if your email address or other contact details changes, by contacting us at [email protected] or Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Incorporated, 2 Bryce Street, Hamilton. Any changes may be subject to verification by us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. You should never share your secure information, password or identifier with any other person.
Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. We will store your information in secure data storage facilities, and the Tribal Register is password protected with a strict hierarchy of access rights in place.
The information provided on the Site is for general information only and has not been prepared by taking into account the particular objectives, situation or needs of any individual users. Use of information and material contained on the Site is at your own risk.
To the extent permitted by law:
- all warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this Site or the content on or accessed through it;
- we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expenses, or indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind, suffered or incurred by you in connection with your access to or use of this Site or the content on or accessed through it, including any transaction processing or payment services made available on, or through, the Site; and
- we do not represent, endorse, or warrant that you will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of, the Site, or that the Site, any services provided on it, and any files available for downloading will be error-free or free from viruses, faults or defects.
If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies, you may have rights or remedies which are not excluded nor limited by the above. If you are using this Site or its content for business purposes, the above exclusions and limits will apply and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend us and our affiliates, officers, and employees from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) asserted by any third party due to or arising from or in connection with your use of or conduct on this Site, or from any content or messages posted or transmitted by you on or through the Site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, which shall not excuse your indemnity obligations.
Suspension or Termination of Access
Jurisdiction and Governing Law