Waikato-Tainui supports the development of tribal members in their pursuit of sporting excellence.
Please note, due to our charitable status only registered tribal members living in Aotearoa are eligible for grants and scholarships. For more information call 0800 TAINUI (within NZ) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Funding Grants
Sports grants are available to registered tribal members who are participating fully in sporting and recreational activities.
Who can apply for a Sports Grant?
- Individual athletes or administrators who are enrolled on the Waikato-Tainui Tribal Register (an administrator refers to a coach, manager, referee or umpire only)
- Teams, clubs or regional associations with a minimum of 50% membership, enrolled on the Waikato-Tainui Tribal Register (a list of your members must be provided with your application)
- Waikato-Tainui Raupatu Marae or clusters of Waikato-Tainui Raupatu Marae, for sporting activities.
Funding may be available for:
- Travel, fees & accommodation to participate in local, regional, national and international competitions or tournaments.
- Uniforms or specialised sporting equipment required for full participation in activities
- Travel, fees and other costs associated with athlete training
- Professional Development and costs for sports administrators
- Other costs that the Directors may consider appropriate