Driver licensing provided by VTNZ
If you’re a registered Waikato-Tainui tribal member you’re entitled to a 50% discount off the FULL cost of a Class 1 car licence (learners, restricted and or full licence).
The steps to receive discount
- Simply get a copy of your Tribal Registration ID Form from Waikato-Tainui by calling 0800 TAINUI (824 684) to have it sent out to you
- PXT and email a copy of suitable ID (i.e. passport, birth certificate or licence) which is to be held on your tribal registration file
- Go to the website www.vtnz.co.nz
- Select the ‘branches’ icon at the top right corner
- Go to the left of the page titled ‘filter by service’ and click on the drop down box and select ‘driver licensing’. It will show 30 branches provide this service (excludes Upper Hutt branch)
- Then type the location in the box above to find the branch nearest you.
To receive the 50% discount, you need to take your Tribal Registration I.D Form with matching valid identification and other key documents in person to that VTNZ branch and complete the licence application form. The balance of the licensing fee is to be paid by you at the time you confirm the booking. If you don’t pass or miss your test, you will have to pay the re-sit fee yourself. The driver licence grant will not cover test re-sits or licence renewals.
In partnership with